Sandy Island changes every year.
This picture was taken around 2004 before hurricane Ivan.
At that time there was a lagoon in the island where you could snorkel in knee deep water.
Depending on currents and sand deposits there is occasionaly a lagoon again on Sandy Island.
Video of snorkeling around Sandy Island.
Instead there are several buoys just off shore Sandy Island.
The beaches of Carriacou.
- Anse le Roche 1.4 mi. North of Central Hillsborough North East
- Gun Point Beach 3.3 mi. North-Northeast of Central Hillsborough North East
- Hillsborough Beach Hillsborough, Central Carriacou North East
- L'Esterre West 2.3 mi. West of Central Hillsborough West
- Paradise Beach Central Carriacou West
- Saline Island 3.3 mi. South-Southwest of Central Carriacou South
- Sandy Island 2.6 mi. West of Central Hillsborough West
- Tyrrel Bay 2.7 mi. South West of Central Hillsborough South West
- White Island 3.6 mi. South West of Central Hillsborough South West
- Windward West 2.7 mi. North of Central Hillsborough North
You might want to do a dive course on Carriacou.
Dive instructors on Carriacou.